Location Services is also known as RTLS or Real-Time Location Services
RTLS Basic Rules:
- Deploy minimum of 4 AP per floor.
- One AP around client in each quadrant.
- -75 dBm Client RSSI on 3 APs.
- Create a convex hull around location area.
Location Tracking Methods
Four Basis Categories of Systems to determine the position.
- Cell of Origin:
- uses the highest signal strength technique to locate.
- also called as Trilateration.
- uses received signal strength [RSS].
- measured by mobile device or receiving sensor.
- also called Angulation.
- Angle of Arrival [AoA] locates the mobile station by determining the angle of incidence at which signals arrive at the receiving sensor.
- requires two receiving sensors for location estimations.
- needed at least three or more receiving sensors (triangulation) to improve accuracy.
- Location Patterning:
- also called Fingerprinting.
- based on sampling and recording of radio signal behavior patterns in specific environments.
- each potential device location possesses a distinctly unique RF signature.