Software-Defined WAN [SD-WAN] Solutions:
- Cisco SD-WAN (based on Viptela) – The preferred solution for organizations that require SD-WAN solution with cloud-based initiatives that provides granular segmentation, advanced routing, advanced security, and complex topologies while connecting to cloud instances.
- Meraki SD-WAN – Recommended solution for organizations that requires unified threat management (UTM) solutions with SD-WAN functionality.
Note: Only the Cisco SD-WAN Solution based on Viptela are cover in Cisco Certification.
Main Components of Cisco SD-WAN:
- vManage Network Management System [NMS].
- vSmart Controller.
- SD-WAN routers.
- vBond Orchestrator.
Three Deployments Planes of Cisco SD-WAN and its components:
- Management / Orchestration Plane – vManage and vBond
- Control Plane – vSmart Controller
- Data Plane – vEdge
Each components will be discuss on separate blog.…