- -Access Point creates a GRE tunnels to the controller.
- -Each Access Points creates tunnel per WLAN, per radio, and additional tunnel for a keepalive mechanisms.
- -The user traffic via GRE tunnel to the controller are encrypted.
- – Access Point creates a GRE tunnels to the controller.
- -Access Point decrypts user traffic and send it via GRE tunnel to the controller.
- -Access Point receives packets and decrypts them.
- -Access Point performs a translational bridging function which converts the 802.11 frames into standard Ethernet frames, and forward towards their destinations.
- -Not recommended deployment, the stateful firewall are not enforced.